Ganguly makes a statement with a big knock


They said India will discover new stars once the IPL is done and dusted but someone forgot to tell Sourav Ganguly that this wasn't the stage for ageing heroes to shine. But two back to back man of the match performances have meant Ganguly is now asking - 'why am I not in the Indian One-Day team?'

He has made a habit of silencing wagging tongues. And once again Sourav Ganguly has done just that, the stage was set for cricket's ultimate comeback man to respond. A scintillating knock of 91 of just 57 balls with 11 fours and 5 massive sixes versus Hyderabad.

Ganguly dancing down the track and hitting the left-arm spinner for a maximum a sense of deja vu - the prince was in the mood for a fight in the previous match against Hyderabad.

"Even when I got dropped from the One-Day side, I averaged 50 in One-Day cricket that year. And if you look at my overall One-Day performance it is probably one of the best. I don't want to keep saying it but it is known that I was not dropped on the basis of my performance. So, we will just have to wait and see," said Ganguly.

A century was there for the taking but Ganguly perished going for a big hit. Another repartee to those who suggest that he plays for records. The captain of the Knight Riders went for one final push to give his team the momentum. And now he has back to back man of the match awards - the previous one was when he choked Rahul Dravid's team with a spell of 3 overs for just 7 runs.

"If I wanted I could have got my 100 but it doesn't happen in twenty20. You still got to maximise your runs," said the former India captain.

They said that the icon players were going to be albatrosses but Ganguly has proved that even men on the wrong side of 30 can sizzle.

Get Everything @ Everythings4 | Make Money Ideas @ Google Junction Make Money By Google Blogger Templates By Blogger Templates 4u Designed By Ritesh Patel

Back to TOP