Nepal bowler takes 10 wickets


Nepal's Mahaboob Alam made cricket history as he took all 10 Mozambique wickets for just 12 runs in their WCL Division Five game in Jersey.

Alam's performance was the best bowling in a limited overs international at any level and the first all-10 in any ICC Affiliates or Associates competition.

African side Mozambique were bowled out for 19 in 14.5 overs at Grainville as Nepal won by 219 runs.

He told the tournament website: "I never thought I would get 10 wickets."

The 26-year-old continued: "I managed to get the ball to swing for me and then I thought I was in with a chance of getting wickets.

"Once I got my eighth wicket, I thought I could get all 10 in the match.

"I did think the bowler at the end may get one or two wickets as he was getting the ball to skid on but fortunately for me he couldn't get a wicket. I am very happy."

There were nine ducks in the Mozambique innings, with only Syed Shah (nine) and Shoaib Younus (two not out) getting off the mark.

This record overtakes the previous best of nine for 16 set by Deubu Eliaba of the Cook Islands against New Caledonia in 2002.

Get Everything @ Everythings4 | Make Money Ideas @ Google Junction Make Money By Google Blogger Templates By Blogger Templates 4u Designed By Ritesh Patel

Back to TOP